Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Egyptian Cairokee Reminds Me of Bowling For Soup



Egyptians have a sense of humor is a fact known almost by every and anyone who has visited that country or seen some of their entertainment. However, humor seldom meets music. And once it does more often than not, it's corny.

However since the revolution took place, I have come to know of a rocking band of young musicians who make awesome music about life and society there. But they also make songs about love in a good spirit. The band is Cirokee, perhaps the most clever band name in that country.

Once I heard this song of there's, right away, I concluded this material sounds like the material the American band bowling for soup often comes up with. There's the sharp humor, play on words and the anger of a lover with a girl/boy that seems to have lost it.

I know that I enjoy both bands equally, it could be that I am a big fan of humorous songs that sounds too real.

Cairokee | كايروكي - حبيبي يا مطلع عيني


Bowling For Soup - 1985

0 comments:

Post a Comment