Friday, May 4, 2012

Tango Dance Festival In Beirut / Salsa In Abu Dhabi



Beirut is an open city, it's sort of a free zone to do what you want, underwear fashion show, sure; Marathon, sure; belly dancers festival, sure; religions thinker conference, sure. So, you have it, when some young guy wanted to bring a tango dance festival to this city, he was able to do just that. And his event actually sold out, local dancers and ones he has imported.

Needless to say people who live in Beirut tend to have lived somewhere else, where they might have picked the dance from. Lebanese are very successful immigrants in Latin America--where tango dance is huge, I am looking at you Argentina.

Tango dance can get crazy steamy at times, not sure how fired up those dancers where.
بيروت تحتضن مهرجانًا للتانغو
Meanwhile Abu Dhabi, the conservative Emarit in the UAE, some guy who sounds Lebanese have set up the dance festival and he has helped bring in big name dancers. There are many Lebanese and Arabs living in Latin America and enjoy the dances over there, but I get the feeling this dance festival won't be held there anytime soon--just look at the dress code. أبو ظبي تحتفل بالسالسا وتستقطب مئات الحضور

1 comments:

  1. I love music,But I do not like hot song, i like good and melodious songs, and I like to dance, but I see dance, do not dance myself, I love dance Street, and what do you like?

    ReplyDelete